Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Girl, Part 2

A few weeks ago I wrote about my seven year old niece and the joy she brings to my life. I also posted a side-by-side comparison of photos of her and her mother, to show their remarkable resemblance. 

After that post my sister, grandmother of my girl, sent me a photo that recalled one taken in about 1973. When I got the new photo, I had to go find the old one so I could share both with you. The old photo was of my girl's mother at age three or so. She was in a boat with her parents and wearing a life jacket and straw hat. There was a string hanging from the hat that kept bugging her, so finally she reached up to pull the string and her mother snapped this photo. 


The new photo is of my girl, in a startling similar pose:


I know. Deja vu all over again. Maybe you'll understand why my brain suffers too much from time warp. At least that's my excuse.

On another note, my friend Maureen and I are taking her motor home to a nearby state park this weekend where we will park beside the lake, take walks and do nothing but write. She has been working on a historical novel for a while and you know my writing story, so we decided to have a little retreat where there were no plans for anything but writing. I'm hoping to get a few blog posts done as well as continue work on a short story I've started. I'll tell you all about it when we get back.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds positively idyllic. I look forward to the blog posts and hope you have a wonderful time while you write them.

    ReplyDelete