Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Challenge

This month two of the blogs I follow, one written by a very dear friend of mine, have been participating in a Photo-a-Day challenge. I have really looked forward to seeing their photos and commentary each day and will be sad to see January and the challenge end. In case you are interested, here is the link to my friend's blog.

As some of you know, I've been absent from this blog for quite a while and have been struggling with getting inspired to write more regularly. That's the best and only way to really hone your craft. So why not issue myself a writing challenge using the topics of the photo challenge? I think it will be a good method for me because, not only will it jump start my writing with a topic each day, but I don't plan on using a photo with the post. I hope to rely on words to create a scene or story for you in place of a photo. Maybe I will include a photo at the end of some of the posts so you can tell me how well I did. Will you do me a favor and give me that feedback?

The January photo challenge had thirty-one days, but since February only has twenty-eight, I'm going to knock off three of the topics they used. Days one and thirty-one were "You" and "You, again." Since I write about me all the time, those are going away. I'll determine the third one as I go along, probably dumping it on the fly if I get stuck. 

So thanks for stopping by today. I'll start the challenge February 1, maybe earlier. Just writing this blog has gotten me enthused about it so I may start tomorrow. Check back, OK?

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited that you're going to do this, and I love the way you've set up the challenge. You can bet I'll be checking back. Great idea, Annette!

    P.S. Thanks for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete