Sunday, February 17, 2013

Challenge: Vacation

Time for a little Calvinball change in my writing challenge rules. I'm going on vacation.

In fact, I'll be very busy spending the week with two of my very best friends, Leah and Vicki. I go first to Raleigh, NC for a few days and then we drive up to Newport News, VA. There my friends and I will be attending a fundraising event for the Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF.) This is a wonderful nonprofit organization that helps those who are battling life-threatening diseases cope with the business of being ill. PAF tries to manage the burdens of insurance negotiations, treatment, employment issues and legal problems for the patient so that he or she can concentrate on the most important thing -- getting well. I hope you will follow the link I inserted above sometime and read about the great work they do. My friend, Leah, is one of the founders of PAF and still serves on their Board of Directors.

I won't be posting while I'm gone because I want to spend all the time I can with my these ladies. Also the mobile app for Blogger is only so-so; mobile posting can be very frustrating. I will pick up the writing challenge when I get back and hope to have some new adventures to share. Although, you know what they say, what happens in Newport News . . . .

Thanks for stopping by.   

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time, Annette. I would like to be a fly on the wall in Newport News.

    ReplyDelete