Friday, February 1, 2013

Challenge - Day 2: "Something You Adore"

Day two of my writing challenge and I am already cheating. Well, maybe not cheating, but at least interpreting the challenge to my advantage. But since I made up the challenge, I decided I get to determine the rules. My guess is that they will change as I go along, a little like Calvin Ball in the Calvin & Hobbes comic strip.

"Something You Adore" defines that it should be a thing and not a person. At first I let my head run with that for a while. What do I adore? A few things popped in for a brief visit but didn't stay long. I thought, "If I don't even want to think about these things in detail, why would anyone want to read about them?" The meaning of "adore" carries with it a higher, almost reverent tone. "O come, let us adore him," is a little more serious than my feelings about favorite foods or Masterpiece Theatre

During all these ramblings my mind kept coming back to one object, something I did adore, but here's my dilemma. The thing I adore is a studio photograph of My Girl, about whom I have written here and here again. Plus, this is supposed to be a writing challenge and not a photo one. But then I got decisive. This photo is a thing and when you see it, you will know why I adore it. My Girl's mom gave it to me for Christmas and it is one of the most beautiful, creative portraits I have ever seen. I adore both the photo and the subject. Don't you?


1 comment: